Sunday, March 20, 2005

On Monday I made Geno check my hair for lice. Last weekend I had gotten paranoid about it and just wanted to know once and for all if I had it. Luckily she detected nothing. Thursday, however, we had the honor of de-licing one of the toddlers' hair. It was not a fun time.

For all of you who are wondering, the Warner group arrived safe and sound last night around 5:30. I got a surprise knock on my door and went squealing to see Stephanie and a few other girls who came by to pick me up! It's wonderful to see people you know when you haven't seen ANYBODY you know for two months.

They tried to get organized and we all went off to church. Later on Stephanie, Sheila and I hung out at Pastor Pedro's house (where Stephanie and Sheila are staying). We had a grand old time sitting and talking and I am amazed at how much Spanish I can speak and understand.

After the church service Geno was asking me if the girls could sleep over one night, and one night would be best to do a "slumber party" before I leave. I am really excited about this. While we talked about me leaving Geno started to cry, which surprised me. While I have made these girls my friends the language barriers doesn't allow for the sharing of many emotions and I felt like Sally Field last night thinking "they like me! they really like me!" I told her she had to stop and saving her crying for later, but she didn't listen and kept on doing it.

I am not looking forward to saying goodbye.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home